Caravan towing is not the easiest task to perform. Driving a four wheel drive or a tow truck comes easy enough, but towing a caravan that is hitched to a vehicle makes the task that much more difficult. However with these helpful tips, caravan towing is made easier.
- It is important to make sure that the tow truck that you will be using to tow the caravan is rated and rigged suitably. This information can be provided to you by the vehicle dealer.
- It is important to ensure that the coupling of the vehicle is done correctly so that the vehicle as well as the caravan remain in a straight line at all times as well as maintain a parallel level to the ground.
- It is necessary to ensure that the weight of the load in the caravan is even distributed. Securing all items within the caravan is of utmost importance in order to avoid damage to the goods as well as the caravan during the towing process.
- It is important to check the brakes of the towing vehicle prior to setting out on the journey in order to avoid any mishap.
- Lights and indicators must be thoroughly tested prior to the commencement of the journey. Tires should be correctly inflated and the mirrors should optimize visibility.
- It is always important to remember to maintain a slow and steady speed when caravan towing. Gradual braking turning and steering will give other drivers ample to maneuver around you and adjust their speeds accordingly.
In order to enjoy a stress-free road trip, it is important to maintain your towing vehicle and caravan at all times. Practice precaution while caravan towing and you will be able to enjoy your vacation to the fullest with your entire family.